Entertaining and Educational
25 Activities to entertain kids at home - because we can never have enough new ideas to keep the Kiddos busy!
Whether you have chosen to keep your children home to keep them healthy/not compromising our at-risk community. Perhaps you are in fact faced with mandatory self-isolation. In any case, we know it will be hard on everyone.
Our children miss out - seeing their friends, having a set routine and seeing their teachers and even grandparents. For some parents it will feel stressful like school holidays (even more so if you are working from home) , except this time being housebound! For other parents it may be easy as they are used to homeschooling. Either way, let's ensure we all have the best experience we can whilst cooped up at home!
Here are 25 activities to entertain your kids whilst at home:
- Open up the boardgame cupboard - play an oldie
- Create a healthy juice and learn about vitamins
- Draw around bodies and name parts of the body
- Make coloured rice for sensory play - See below for recipe
- Jigsaw puzzle
- Colour in - we will have some templates to come soon
- Find numbers around the house
- Go for a walk - create a nature hunt list
- Create a map of your home, school, park etc
- Watch a David Attenborough documentary
- Research different cultures in your area
- Learn how to say hello in different languages
- Make a cubby
- Play hot and cold (learn distance)
- Practice Yoga (youtube video) with parents
- Help with online shopping by checking the pantry
- Create early Mothers Day/Fathers Day presents - pasta necklaces for the win! See below for recipe
- Make play doh - recipe here
- Create handwashing posters
- Go for a ride or scooter
- Make use of your recycle bin goods (not the wine bottles) - add some rice inside an empty toilet roll for a shaker
- Bake a cake - freeze portions to avoid waste
- Make slime - steal some of dads shaving cream
- Remember to have a nap - cause Mum or Dad might need one too!