Our COVID-19 repsonse
We take the health and safety of our Kiddo community seriously. During these uncertain times, we want to ensure that all our families, children and carers are kept safe and healthy. We continue to monitor the situation, however also recommend staying up to date with COVID-19 restrictions at all times.
We also recommend following the Australian Government guidelines when it comes to personal hygiene, social distancing, limiting the number of people in gatherings and how to self isolate.
Advice to our Carers:
- If you feel unwell, have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, or have recently returned from overseas, you must immediately cancel any pre-committed bookings in Kiddo. You must remove your availability from Kiddo so that you cannot be booked and follow health guidelines for self-isolation. You must contact admin at firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm which bookings you are canceling so we can assist families to find a suitable replacement.
- It is expected Carers communicate and are transparent in the lead up to any pre-committed bookings.
- It is recommended that Carers update their Vaccination status by selecting the “Covid Vaccinated” status if they have been vaccinated. Bearing in mind parents may sight to request your Covid Vaccination proof upon arrival for a booking.
Advice to our Parents:
- If anyone in your family is unwell, please disclose this to your carer so that they can make the choice as whether to attend the booking or not. Please be mindful that while COVID-19 does not appear to affect younger people as severely, some of our carers may have family members who are at greater risk or may themselves have conditions that can increase the severity of an infection.
- As per the Government’s guidelines, if you or a family member have recently returned from overseas, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or deemed a close contact you should be self-isolating and must not make a booking during this time.
- If you or a family member feel unwell or develop symptoms after hiring a carer through Kiddo, please contact your local health authority to determine if you need to be tested and provide any relevant information to help with tracing your recent contacts, including the carer you hired.
- Kiddo Carer’s may disclose their Covid Vaccination status on their profile, this has not been verified and it is your responsibility to cross check this upon Kiddo carer arrival to their booking.
- Please be mindful that if a carer cancels due to illness they will be doing this out of care for you and your family. While it may be inconvenient at the time, it will be better for our entire community if it avoids infecting you or a family member. In the case of a cancellation by a carer, you will receive a full refund as per our cancellation policy.
We thank you for your patience and understanding. Kiddo is committed to supporting families that rely on our carers, the safety, and wellbeing of our community is the priority.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com anytime.