With the silly season almost upon us, all that extra food and festivities - it's a timely reminder to book a Childrens First Aid Course.
Kiddo recently spoke with Rescueblue Paramedic Jess Peters. She is a mother and in her role as an Intensive Care Paramedic, she has been to numerous choking incidents, both adult and children. She wanted to share this story and raise awareness about how to avoid choking and how important it is to learn Childrens first aid.
Jess has used medical tongs, known as Magill forceps, to remove half-chewed steak from an elderly patient’s throat and she's pulled slippery grapes out of an unconscious child’s airway. Choking is by far the most common topic that people ask her about.